Written by Wicker Paradise
Rattan furniture is defined as a product which is made out of a close relative of the palm tree, This product grows in the jungles of the South Eastern region. Rattan wood is very strong and durable, which is why its peel is used to bind furniture together. Indoor rattan furniture is quite popular and requires less maintenance. However, outdoor rattan furniture will require a bit of looking after.
To keep your rattan clean, you will need some simple household items such as dishwashing detergent, a bowl of warm water, a soft cloth, a toothbrush, a paint brush and some lacquer.
To clean your rattan furniture:
- Add some detergent into a warm bowl of water and stir.
- Dip the cloth into the bubbles and wipe your rattan.
- If you see any cracks, use an old toothbrush to clean them out.
- Leave your furniture to dry for a few hours.
- You can then start applying the lacquer with a paint brush. To reduce cracking, apply boiled linseed oil on to any cracks.
- For stubborn stains, use a bit more detergent and use the bubbles to brush off any dirt.
Your patio rattan furniture should not be confused with wicker furniture. Rattan furniture is a product as stated above, while wicker is a weaving technique that can be used with a variety of products such as rattan, bamboo, willow and rush.
Find your next rattan furniture set` at Wicker Paradise, providers of the finest quality wicker furniture._